View Single Post
Old 06-09-21, 07:23 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4614 Post(s)
Liked 5,156 Times in 3,186 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
So basically you are a British person telling me that things in New Hampshire are the same as they are in Britain?! Road bicycling (and that has been what I'm talking about) is much more of a niche activity here. I get harassed by drivers in some places because they think bicycles aren't supposed to be on roads.

Honestly, I have very little idea how bicycles are marketed and sold in Britain, but I suspect it's quite a bit different here.
Sounds much like here. Cycling as a hobby is still a pretty niche activity. Most people just have some old bike that they might wheel out once or twice in the summer. Most kids have a bike, so not many newbies over the age of 5. Then there are a few keen cyclists who have all the gear and ride regularly. There are local cycling clubs too, but they are pretty small and niche. There is a bit of amateur racing in the background, again very niche. I would imagine bicycles are marketed and sold exactly as they are in New Hampshire. There are a few bike shops around and a few larger online retailers. There is no major bike marketing activity (like prime-time TV ads), just the odd magazine.