View Single Post
Old 02-22-06, 12:12 PM
baiskeli
unaangalia nini?

Bikes: Jamis Quest (Ultegra components,Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels and Reynods Ouzo Pro Fork), Gary Fisher Tassajara

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well guess the idiots were out today

9:20am in Concord MA on Lowell St, riding right side of the road. Lady in a minivan pulls out of a street on the left. Stops, looks right at me and then turns left, almost taking me out and actually her right front tire goes onto the gravel shoulder on the right side of the road. You have to be a really special brand of stupid to

1. Look right at a cyclist coming from your right and then pull out in front of him. No need to rush, there isn't another freaking car within a mile!

9.40am Arlington Center, riding down a straight road and I hear an insistent horn behind me. I am one foot off the kerb but the car behind me decides not to pass me (which is fine). The hoot is coming from mr sh*tbox driving redneck in the piece of junk behind the first car. Come to a right turn, which I am taking, the nice car goes straight, the dumb*ss slams on his accelerator and misses me by inches, he is making the turn but is now going so fast as he flies by me that he cannot really turn and almost nails cars in the right lane of the road he is turning into. Really, the car in front of him only delayed him for about 8 seconds. Is 8 seconds worth my life?

You know, some days....

Anyway, the rest of the ride was gorgeous, cold but sunny.