View Single Post
Old 06-10-21, 02:09 PM
Highmass

Bikes: 1991 Centurion Oxygen, 1997 Centurion Invincible, 1995+- Fondriest Wind, 1982 Grand Master Nissan Pro 2000, 1992 Olmo Racing (The racing part of the name HAS to be a joke).

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 20 Posts
I´ve never understood the current craze for bigger tyres. On my three road bikes I run 21(Vittoria Open Corsa on the Fondriest), 22 (Vittoria Open Triathlon on the Nissan), and 23 (Vittoria Rubino Pro on the Olmo). My grocery getter called "Uncle grandad" with fenders and flat bar, runs 23 Vittoria Rubino in the summer, and 25 Panaracers in the winter.
I detest the sluggish feeling big tyres give, and I´ve yet to see a big tyre (In my book thats 25 or anyting above) that can handle 10 bars. Are the skinny tyres harsh riding, Well sometimes a bit, but the bikes just feel so much more agile with them. If I wanted a mountain bike, I would have bought one. I wish 21 or even 19 tyres was more widely available.
When your´re old and fat like me, you need all the help you can get, and that includes skinny tyres with real air in them,
Likes For Highmass: