View Single Post
Old 06-11-21, 11:07 AM
b dub 
CL Addict

Bikes: '50s Leon Cattrysse - late 50s Raleigh Lenton Sports - 1960/61 Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix - '72 Canadian Tire Company Supercycle - '74 Raleigh International - '83 Nishiki Cresta - '84 Centurion Turbo - '86 v. Herwerden (Chesini) - '87 Specialized Sirr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 96 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Don Buska
Not sure if you were commenting to my post since I wasn't trying to 'dis' Velobase at all. That's why I added the second paragraph. I have submitted many Suntour catalogs which I scanned page-by-page and pdf'ed myself and have added and maintained many of the components on the site. It is indeed a labor of love for the host and for me many many hours of research and work to contribute to the accuracy and data offered on Velobase. A bit of labor of 'affection' for the site on my part. So I don't consider myself a free-rider on the site.

It has just been a bit frustrating as I have tried many times to add more information to this valuable site and have found no means to read about whats happening. It almost appears that it was abandon'ed since even my attempts to get any status off the site results in the error messages, including reviewing my own user status. Just frustration on my part as my attempts to give back to the community by providing more vintage bike information are no longer possible. I love Velobase!
I completely agree with this. I don’t care about anything but complete and accurate information. The presentation more or less is irrelevant. But if the upload is broken that’s big.
Which is why it’s now being discussed on BF.