View Single Post
Old 06-11-21, 12:06 PM
bikingshearer 
Crawlin' up, flyin' down

Bikes: 1967 Paramount; 1982-ish Ron Cooper; 1978 Eisentraut "A"; two mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsas; and others in various stages of non-rideability.

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 2,531 Times in 1,059 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
Way back in the mid-2000s, the NorCal subforum used to be a hotbed of ride organizing. Multiple posts a day, and a couple group rides every summer. That seems to have gone away since 2010. I'm not even sure how I'd find people.
Yeah, I was one of those. I started the SlowPoke series which featured non-Homeric distances and route profiles, reasonable pace and regular regrouping. In other words, the kinds of rides I do myself. Fun and friendship was stressed, dropping hammers was discouraged.

All I ever did was announce was announce a time, place and route in the NorCal forum. We had anywhere from 10 to 20 show up.

One thing I learned: For the organizer's sanity, don't make it too democratic. Solicit input re when people can show up, but do not put it a vote. Set your route, set your time, and let the chips fall where they may. If you try to cater to everyone's wishes and perceived needs, you will make your self and/or , with a side of . Most folks are great, but there are always a few who will drive you crazy if you let them. Don't let them.