View Single Post
Old 06-11-21, 02:41 PM
Maytag

Bikes: more than needed, Vintage Road Bikes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts
Like the idea of a "steel is real" ride, but not moving the CA because of it, although may attend a L'Eroica event in the near future.
A while back I planned to do a small ride in the GA mountains with older steel bikes. Just a small group, Sunday morning, between 30-50 miles
with potential stops at wineries and/or microbreweries. Had back roads mapped out with very little gravel/packed dirt stretches.
Placed a call out on social media and had an underwhelming response. Zero, not even acknowledgement or "stupid idea".....
I think putting the word out at local bike shops ( they have customers with older road bikes ) or placing a flyer in their window may draw more attention.
I am sure every event started out small at some point and grows if word spreads. The headaches will come when permits are required, liability insurance becomes
a concern........ Still working on it, hopefully a few people will put more value on camaraderie and enjoyment of vintage bikes versus chasing times and check points.
Cheers

Last edited by Maytag; 06-11-21 at 03:13 PM.