View Single Post
Old 06-12-21, 10:37 AM
Jburrow

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I want to thank everyone for their input and time in responding. It has been helpful to my wife and I as we consider which bike to go with.

What we are thinking as a result of our inquiries that my wife would prefer custom steel. Her needs are difficult to size right with a production model, and she feels a custom bike that would last decades is the way to go for her. She wants a steel bike, and she is leaning toward Gunnar, Waterford, and Breadwinner. She likes the Speedvagen options, but wants to do something where I can be catered to as well (a one-stop shop). I am not too difficult to fit on a production bike, which makes something like Gunnar/Waterford made-to-measure an interesting option since I can get a semi-custom bike without breaking the bank that would fit me like a glove. Though, Breadwinner would certainly be capable of helping me out and her as well.

From what I read on here and other places, very few folks have ever regretted getting a Gunnar/Waterford bike. The 100% made in America thing is cool, but it isn't something we are hell-bent on getting. We have had great experiences with Giant/Liv in the past (which is why I considered getting an off-the-shelf CF Revolt Advanced 0 since I am not too difficult to fit). However, the thought of spending a little extra money to get a made-to-measure lightweight high quality steel frame that is within the weight of the Giant is tempting as it may fit better. Plus, they would be able to work with my wife to get exactly what she needs (most important to me).

Again, thank you everyone!