View Single Post
Old 06-12-21, 02:20 PM
thehammerdog

Bikes: Road bike is a Carbon Bianchi C2C & Grandis (1980's), Gary Fisher Mt Bike, Trek Tandem & Mongoose SS MTB circa 1992.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by VegasTriker
Too little information to make a suggestion. Right now recumbent bikes are in less demand than recumbent trikes so trikes tend to be more expensive for the same quality. If you are considering two wheels, there are several versions with different characteristics. The four that come to mind are long wheelbase, short wheelbase, low racer, and high racer. If you like piloting the Queen Mary one like my 1997 Linear long wheelbase for which I paid $500 in 2001 is great. Comfortable and faster than my trikes. My short wheelbase Haluzak Horizon ($850 in 2004) is a lot quicker turning than the Linear. Both weigh around 29 pounds. The Zak is lss comfortable than the Linear but way better than my old road bike. If you want speed, low racers and high racers are your choice but there are fewer of them used and they will probably be more expensive. I've never ridden either type. I suggest going over to Bentrideronline and looking at the reviews there if you find one for sale. They also have a good for sale section. I bought my second trike from a seller there. Best recumbent purchase I ever made.

I took a look at the North Jersey CL.. There isn't much available.
saw a bachetta strava for good price. looks nice solid reviews I just never took one out on the road.
guy is 2 hrs away so before i set up meeting just curious to get feed back.