Old 06-12-21, 05:22 PM
vane171

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 48 Posts
I am waiting for resolution, my tip is radial imbalance cause by an issue in tube or tire. Perhaps during tube manufacture, a little mouse got trapped in the tube and it went undetected until the tube was part of a bike that was sold to OP here.

You know, sort of like a cockroach baked into a loaf of bread or a surgical instrument left behind in your body, its not unheard of.

But I don't know if the tire might be tubeless and the imbalance is caused by that liquid you are supposed to put inside your tire to take care of punctures. Can't that liquid gather in the tire low spot (like when the bike is stored for a while) and 'solidify' there? I am almost sure that those with knowledge of these things will tell me, that can't happen. Also this bike model is likely sold with clincher tires as standard.

As it was pointed to me that bikes are tested, ridden but I still imagine that it depends on what bike outlet you talk about. I can well see that a bike dealer can't allow any employee to test ride a bike outside their parking lot (insurance risks), if even that. Or if they reach any higher speeds as this case seems to demand.
I imagine bikes are ride tested for shifting, braking, maybe short sprint to see if there is some creaking indicating lose bolts or whatever, but doubt that any speeds that would seem to be needed here are normally achieved in such tests.

Last edited by vane171; 06-12-21 at 05:30 PM.