View Single Post
Old 06-17-21, 06:08 PM
2flit
2Flit

Location: Orcas Washington and currently Circumnavigating in a Farrier F36 Trimaran

Bikes: 1968 Rene Herse Gentleman's Bike; 1974/5 Jim Merz Custom-built; 1984 Rodriquez tandem; 2012 Bilenky Tandem; 1967 Cinelli SC; 1984 Specialized Exp. 68cm; 1971 Holdsworth 63cm(my first bike ever and owned since new!); 1994 Bridgestone MB5; 86'Trek420

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 35 Posts
stress test

Originally Posted by zukahn1
Basicaly from experiance of the 50 or sets I have come across on vintage bikes 9 out of ten where good to go with a basic servicing.
That would be fine except they are now failing for riders after 30+ years of use, The fact that you find 90% of them still intact on a vintage bicycle is rather meaningless for those of us out there ridding these pedals hard.
The bikes are up to it but not these pedals.
Read back up to my first post and my experience shearing one of these off. I suppose they are probably fine for a slow ride on the flat but they are now failing on us ridders. I don't collect vintag bikes, I ride vintage bikes and these pedals are now proving to be unsafe and they should no longer be on a bike that you plan to ride. Anything else is foolish , especially after reviewing the failures seen up-thread.