View Single Post
Old 06-23-21, 05:28 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4598 Post(s)
Liked 5,143 Times in 3,178 Posts
Originally Posted by jrhoneOC
use the Strava App for the watch instead of the fitness app. Has auto pause and a few more cycling benefits. Automatically syncs with all your health data.

The one thing no one is talking about here is the fact tge Apple watch can call 911 if you are unconscious because of a fall, heart attack or severe medical emergency. Google “Apple Watch saves mountain biker/hiker” and read the many times its saved a life. How much is your life worth? On top of tracking soooo many other health related pieces of data. ECG, Blood Oxygen Level, etc. Can alert you for erratic heart beats as well as low heart rate and high heart rate. The list goes on.
An Apple Watch is quite tempting as a do-it-all device. But again I’m wary of optical wrist HRMs for intense exercise. I don’t want something that is hit or miss like many wrist HRMs are widely reported to be. The Garmin watches appear to be getting better, but I find Garmin UI and software unintuitive and buggy - based on my experience with their GPS head units. So I would prefer Apple in that respect if the HRM is as good.

Last edited by PeteHski; 06-23-21 at 05:39 AM.