Old 06-24-21, 07:14 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Originally Posted by Sekai

Sakai Bike serial number M5B04526

Hi I just bought an older Sakai bike. The owner thought it might be a "custom made" due to the very large size. I'm 6'4 and have trouble getting on it. I saw you have a database I included the serial number. What do you think of this Sakai? Any information would be helpful.
Sakai was a house brand for Bloor Cycle of Toronto, so I assume you are Canadian and probably from the GTA? There is no connection to the Sekai brand. Your bicycle was manufactured by Miki of Japan in early 1985, so it is a 1985 model. You haven't provided a photo of the entire bicycle but based on the fork crown it would appear to be an ATB. Based on the colour, fork and pedals, it would appear to be a Sakai Landmaster.

It's highly unlikely that Bloor Cycle would offer a custom version of the Landmaster or any other Sakai model. What size is the frame, measured along the seat tube from the centre of the bottom bracket shell to the top of the seat lug? Please provide a photo of the full bicycle, taken from the drive side.

Photo assist...