View Single Post
Old 06-26-21, 10:46 AM
Esthetic

Bikes: 2019 Felt FR2 Etap Disc*2017 Wilier Cento10Air Ramato Etap*2020 Trek Domane SL6**2018 Trek ProCaliber 8

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by blakcloud
I own a Trek Domane SL6 but upgraded with Ultegra Di2, Dura Ace cassette, pedals and Bontrager RSL 37 wheels with superlight Rene Herse tires and though I haven't weighed it, it feels like it is over 20 pounds. Basically the frame is heavy for a carbon bike but I am willing to compromise because the bike is so comfortable.

What I like about the bike is the versatility. Yesterday I rode the bike with 650 x 42 on some gravel and the day before that on 700 x 37. Days before that I was on 28 mm tires on pavement. It really is an all rounder.

There are so many good bikes in your price range that what ever you choose, it will be a good one.
Great upgrades and wheelswap options, im looking forward to hitting dirt with it soon. It is heavier build for a carbon bike but it still feels swift and speedier in uptempo pace than say a traditional piping steel bike at the same weight. My issue is I have not upgraded the gearing. Where I live in NJ , our steepest hills and metric Fondo i do I've always done well with 11-28 on a Compact on my climbing bikes. The 11-34 has a few gearing jumps that slow me down to where the weight of the bike compounds a bit. At my first chance I'd like to try an 11-30, I think that would smoothen and tighten up the gearing for me on the road. I just hope I won't miss it when the tires get bigger and the gravel gets lower speed and technical?