View Single Post
Old 06-29-21, 02:57 PM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1857 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 506 Posts
Originally Posted by Fastfwd01
>>>>

>>>>>I've tried to do a search on this topic and found a forum where I noted some advice that seemed pretty level headed on the topic regarding this being a matter of personal preference. That particular forum discussion really didn't involve distance riding. I'm curious if anyone might care to even try to read through all of that and provide any further insight or opinion?
I'd be interested in taking a shot at it, but can you provide the links?

One writer I like is Steve Hogg, an Aussie who makes a lot of sense. Another is Andy Pruitt. For general high level guidance, I'm probably more rusty than you are, so the important point for me on a long-distance ride is to finish without beating up my body, not to show that I can exercise the most aggressive position possible. I have a position I have used for that long distance in the past, and that's where I plan to start when I get back on the bike.

But I think those guys I pointed you to make a lot of sense, at the general level and in the details.

Send my your links please!