Old 07-01-21, 09:39 PM
habes78023 

Bikes: Constant rotation, Currently: 2009 Felt FC, 1999 Stumpjumper, Serotta KOM, Eisentraut Rainbowtraut, Trek 400 commuter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by jdawginsc
So after days of rain, my bad fortune with cars pushed me to get Bumblebeena on the road...

$40 initial purchase.
$13.48 cables, because I don’t want to die.
$7.89 saddle...switched this in for the 13.76 Selle Italia Q-Tip or what ever it is even the yellow looked cool. Had to save money.
$14.00 Gatorskins...I used a mixture of BS and sound accounting for the value on these...I got it with a lot that included 5 fixie pizza delivery bikes with rims and tires, and then handed these off with a few other suspect fixie tires...all for $75.00. I think I may be too generous, but thought I’d be fair...and it was a nice round number. Andy wanted me too enter more bikes to reduce the cost...I decided to reduce the cost since my knees can’t handle 6 challenges!
$0.48 reclaimed black handlebar tape...it’s actually cool feeling. Cost pulled from my buttocks..
10.00 Look pedals. Used the full cost of an add on lot to a previous purchase. Bought tools, got two garbage bags full of niceties. Could have used all black SPDs from the same lot...thought I’d try the Look...reserving the right to switch out but they felt pretty good. Had to figure out the took Delta cleats...
$0.60 bee stickies. Pricing for 10 in case they fall off or I need some to plug some rust...
$86.45

OK, I think it's kind of funny, but I just bought a Tri-A this weekend at a garage sale... Very similar to yours but not sure I can compete on the $86 price tag. might be a good challenge though..

I may just have to try.. I'll take stock this weekend and see what I can do.