Old 07-05-21, 10:57 AM
smontanaro 

Bikes: many

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1444 Post(s)
Liked 1,392 Times in 760 Posts
Originally Posted by BillyD
You're assuming there was an update immediately prior to this long holiday weekend. A non-essential update, at that. Well, they don't do such things without contacting the mod staff, and they're too savy to make ANY changes before ANY weekend. Thanks.
So they make breaking changes to the settings and nobody at Internet Brands checks in on the status of the system over the weekend? Something went wrong. Why was a breaking change of any kind (intentional, unintentional, software update, parameter change) necessary? It seems IB is a big enough company to have at least a skeleton crew on duty over the holiday weekend. (I count 54 "brands" featured on the IB website, BikeForums being one of them.)

I get it. This is a hobby website. It isn't my bank's website. Still, it is a website with a **** ton of external links buried in search engine databases, peoples' bookmarks, probably in any number of static web pages and other online forums. The search engine crawlers will adapt, and peoples' bookmarks can be updated manually (if somewhat painfully), but random static web pages and posts in other online forums (Classic Rendezvous, The Paceline, etc) will be broken indefinitely if the change isn't reverted.

Last edited by cb400bill; 07-05-21 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Please do not change the spelling of words to bypass the forum censor