View Single Post
Old 07-05-21, 01:56 PM
grizzly907la
Grouchy Old man

Bikes: Diamond Back Insight 2, Gravity Basecamp mountain bike, GMC Denali Road Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Ironfish653
It all depends on how much of it you use. Yeah, the components are cheap and heavy, but looking at those welds, we're not talking about KLEIN / Cannondale-style construction. Is there something special about the Denali frame that makes it a good candidate for upgrades?

I don't get the hangup some people have about these everything-but-the-paint job upgrades on these really, really cheap bikes. Unless you're starting with a whole pile of take-offs, by the time you get 'finished' you've spent the money you could have got a complete, late-model bike for, and you've still got a GMC Denali.
I like the Denali frame because it's stout. I'm a Clyde. I needed to put 45c's on my insight, because the 32c's were sagging almost to the rim of the wheels. I didn't have that problem with the original Denali I had and that was also running 32c's. Don't get me wrong the Insight is a great bike, however I had to go with bigger tires to compensate. I spent $80 for it and I have most of the parts I need. I doubt that I could've gotten a late model road bike, with working components for that price.
Likes For grizzly907la: