View Single Post
Old 07-08-21, 11:46 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
Originally Posted by slcbob
I don't think it alters the premise of the game. I think it is a different premise.

The thing I HATE HATE HATE about Tissot is the inability to browse the rider list. You have to view it through a soda straw. Also not a fan of the extra credits from referrals. I'm OK with the quiz credits. It was a hard quiz.

Beyond that, it's OK for me. There are far more finicky ones out there. It's not like you have to have Deep Blue or Whopper chugging in the background there.

I'm not a fan of conditional substitutions, e.g. only if someone crashes out. I like either zero (the standard Velogames model) or constrained only by points / quota / etc. If I'm going to suspend disbelief for a crash replacement, I can suspend disbelief for someone riding lousy but upright.

In Tissot land, I almost put my bonus on Theuns today but stuck with Cav.

yah, some of those questions were pretty offsides. thought i knew a decent amount of tour history but when they start throwing out questions like

"in what year did rider x move into the kom/polka dot jersey for good on stage twelve? 2007? 2008? 2009? 2012?"...it's a total shot in the dark.

chess and fantasy war games...