View Single Post
Old 07-08-21, 02:30 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by alcjphil
If you go back and look at all my responses you will see that I never ever wrote one word to suggest that I thought that the driver was texting, that was someone else
No, but you chose to scold me about my "wild suppositions" and counter-argue with a bunch of them when I never suggested that any one of them was the likely cause of the crash while expressing no problem with a guy who is claiming it's perfectly reasonable to "assume" it was a texting driver. So, if you care to explain why you would selectively scold like that, feel free.
My point was that speculating on the "likely" cause is not reasonable because there's limitless possibilities of explanations. Any one of them is unlikely, even the texting--did the driver actually perform a turn, then pull out a phone and start texting only to drive straight in a curve within 30 seconds? It was an unlikely event, it will have an unlikely explanation. "Betting" on it is stupid.