Old 07-09-21, 12:36 PM
colnago62

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 230 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
They built them for both markets, which is why they fit them on the higher end Aethos builds too. Like I said, I understand their reasoning (at least in the short term), but it doesn't make a lot of commercial sense when pretty much all of their competitors are making tubeless compatible rims. It's not a big deal, I'm just curious how long they will stick to this concept, which seems totally at odds with what Specialized have been doing in recent years. Their pro team riders have been regularly chopping and changing between tubed and tubeless tyres depending on road conditions, favouring tubed for outright speed and tubeless for better puncture resistance. Specialized themselves still appear to view tubeless as the end-game, so these rims could well end up becoming obsolete in the near future.
Who is using tubeless in the peloton this year? I know more than a few were last year. I wonder if anybody stuck with it? I am pretty sure Specialized knows what their goals are for the market. They have been around a long time.