View Single Post
Old 07-13-21, 07:48 PM
Jasongrace313

Bikes: 82 John Howard built by Dave Moulton, 06 Lemond Croix de Fer, 85 trek 620, Trek Fx 7.2, Giant escape 2, Gt Karakoram, Electra Townie 7D,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 34 Posts
1985 Trek 620 Cirrus build up.

Hello,

I picked up this Trek a few days ago and it came with a hodge podge of impressive parts but all miss matched.

My goal is to make it the most comfortable (and reliable) touring bike I can build.

It came with Phil Wood Gen 2’s laced to a 27” wheel, but the tires are too old to be trusted and are splitting at the gum wall.

So to take it for a ride and start feeling out what needs to be done I put some Surly Knards on a 700c wheel set I had laying around.
It was extremely impressive cockpit aside, the bars and stem will need attention second only to the brakes.

The Canti brakes will reach fine but I’m not a rocket surgeon and am having some trouble getting them to an efficient level. Anywhoo.

The hoods feel too far forward and the drops feel too low, I’m thinking I’ll start with the stem then maybe a wider set of bars with some flare.

If you guys have any ideas or suggestions on building this up I’m all ears. Thanks