Old 07-15-21, 01:00 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,810 Times in 3,318 Posts
I've got two bikes with GP5000's on them, the tubed version. Both sets over 3000. One bike might be over 5000 miles. I've never had any issues. Very few flats. The bike with 3000 miles on it's tires, no flats.

I did have a sidewall cut on my Specialized turbo cottons, but hey, a cut is something I consider a user issue. I should sweep the trail before riding on it or something. Or maybe just not run over or next to sharp stuff. So any tire one gets will have that at some point if you ride it long enough.

The other picture looks like either the rim brakes were riding the tire sidewall or the tires were regularly ridden with very little air for a very long time. But I'm also open to the possibility it could be a manufacturing issue. But out of the seven or so GP5000's I've used none have so far ever had an issue. One just wore out.

I rode Vittoria's for quite a while too and they were great problem free tires for me. But they quit making the version of the Rubino Pro that I was using so I thought I'd jump on the GP 5000 bandwagon. And I don't have any regrets since changing over about 2 years ago.

Last edited by Iride01; 07-15-21 at 01:03 PM.