Old 07-17-21, 10:26 PM
Fugazi Dave
Beausage is Beautiful

Bikes: Nabiis Alchemy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Hey y’all, been a while. Current state of the Nabiis Alchemy. This weekend I replaced the front brake and stem, changed the gearing from 49x16 to 46x17, and generally cleaned the absolute crap out of the drivetrain. Waiting on a new direct-mount brake that will go down by the BB so I can finally get rid of that squishy abomination that’s been in back for like 6 years.

This bike was originally built up from a frame and various parts that a friend had lying around when I first moved to Japan in 2015. Since then, I’ve slowly been swapping out bits and pieces, and as of today the only parts that were there on that first day that are still there now are the bottom bracket, the rear brake, and the frame. Would love to throw a Supertype on there, too, but don’t think there’s enough room. Relatedly, can anyone with a Supertype measure the distance from the clamp to the regular portion of the seatpost for me?

Still want a new, not-crap saddle, and to have the wheels rebuilt with rims that aren’t fugly, but as a daily driver it’s pretty much there. Love this thing.