View Single Post
Old 07-20-21, 06:00 AM
KPREN

Bikes: 2008 S Works Stumpjumper FSR Carbon, 2016 E Fat Titanium Bike Custom built by me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
It's pretty easy and inexpensive to construct a 35 mph DD ebike as I've had one, manufactured with a $200 kit and $400, 52V battery for six years. It just developed a problem in the display that will be elucidated someday, but not now since I've eschewed road riding for the present. Not worried about 35 mph since my wife and I (grandparents) were riding our Santa Cruz MTB's that fast off road over the weekend (she may have topped out slightly slower since I passed her).
2old, you completely missed my point. A Sur Ron will do 35 mph all day long if you have enough batteries. In the interest of self governing, how long would you really last at 35 mph on a bike path before you would cook the bike, get a bit wary of the bike or develop range anxiety.
Have you done 35 on a bike path or was that a short spurt on the street? It's a bicycle right? Do you feel self governed for speed on it? What speed would you do all day long on a bike path?