View Single Post
Old 07-21-21, 07:15 PM
Jasongrace313

Bikes: 82 John Howard built by Dave Moulton, 06 Lemond Croix de Fer, 85 trek 620, Trek Fx 7.2, Giant escape 2, Gt Karakoram, Electra Townie 7D,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 34 Posts
The bars/tape/ koolstop thinline brake pads came in today. I couldn’t wait to put them on.

The new bars were not as large As I expected, but feel nice. Here’s a pic of them with the ones I took off.

The older bars have a deeper more pronounced drop and a little less flare. But the new ones feel much more stable on the hoods which is where I’m at most the time anyway.

I think it gives it a cool look too.

Not awful for my second time wrapping tape, but I hate when I notice something I don’t like. It will pop out at me on almost every ride, and I noticed a weird little bulge next to the hood once I flipped it and finished wrapping them. It will do for now.

The Koolstop thinline I read are supposed to be great pads, so I figured I’d see if they allowed another 1/8” they’d make it worthwhile. Plus they cost next to nothing.
But, They look bigger than the old Campy pads that were in there.

I love the way these brakes look, hopefully, I can get them so I love how they stop.
They have a cool look but if I can’t get them to work I’ll buy the ones that Golden recommended.

They just look cool to me.

Anyway, I’ve been hunting for tires and I hope to have the fenders and maybe a rack by this weekend. C.
but little by little it will get there. I like the look and feel so far.

Last edited by Jasongrace313; 07-21-21 at 07:20 PM.