Old 07-22-21, 08:03 AM
3alarmer

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26464 Post(s)
Liked 10,420 Times in 7,235 Posts
Originally Posted by plonz
I do not have an appreciation for how scarce these are but I simply cannot wrap my head around forking out $750 for anything with a Ross badge.

This bike reminds me of my ‘98 Ford Contour SVT. Quite a good performer for that era but it always bore the stigma of being a Contour.
...a similar example of bicycles constructed in their lean years, by frame builders who later went on to become famous, and whose work is sought after, would be the Specialized frames produced by Yoshi Konno. It's true that they sell at a discount from 3Rensho bikes, but $750 for this one is a discount from something with Spectrum on the downtube.

I have no interest in the sale of this one. But judging it by the paint color or the graphics misses a lot of what's going on. Which is fine. There are some find bicycles available used in the $300 range. Sometimes there's some snob appeal involved in buying and selling bikes. If you're not in the market for something that costs $750, you should probably look for something else.