Old 07-23-21, 07:57 AM
adamrice 
mosquito rancher

Bikes: Bob Jackson 853 Arrowhead; Felt VR30; Kinesis UK RTD; Hujsak tandem

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked 181 Times in 133 Posts
I've got a couple of Lezyne strip lights that I run in flash mode (they've got 8 or so different modes, which strikes me as overkill) for daytime riding, and a Cygolite Hypershot 350 that I run in steady mode for night riding (it also has a lot of modes). I've gotten at least 18 hours out of the Lezyne lights (and they were still going when I turned them off). I haven't run down the Cygolite, but I also haven't run it for all that long at a spell. I do have a dyno hub and a USB converter, so I can recharge one light while the others stay on.

The Cygolite is a little annoying. It has 2 buttons: one for power/mode, and another that varies the flashing speed in intermittent modes, or the brightness in steady mode. I always get the two mixed up. In steady mode, even at partial brightness, it is really freaking bright, but at max brightness, it only has an advertised life of 2 hours.

Also, fwiw, I have a Light & Motion Vya Pro for commuting. Great light, very visible, no buttons. It has a single mode that throbs slow-fast-slow, and is about the size and shape of a thumb drive; it has a USB-A plug that fits straight into its bike mount. If it is on the bike, it is on. The problem is it only gets about 6 hours runtime.

Last edited by adamrice; 07-23-21 at 08:07 AM.