johnnyace 
Le savonnier

Bikes: I can count 'em on one hand

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked 602 Times in 274 Posts
Originally Posted by SurferRosa

I am down to four bikes, plus one up for sale. I just sold one this past week. It was (is) a great bike. And it's a great feeling to see it among the collection of its new owner.

I just don't ride enough to justify having five bikes. One always feels left out. Four is a really good number. One more than perfect. One more than holy.

Four also is a small enough number that I can still shop for a project. To flip of course. I still love to wrench. And polish. Or, I guess, if it happens to be really sweet, maybe it could replace one of the four. I'm always looking...
This is where I'm at. Currently have six bikes. One will be selling in the near future, and one will be the winter project, which will be selling when I'm done with it. Which will leave me with four.

I marvel at the guys that have whole rooms, garages, and purpose-built sheds full of bikes, but that's just not me. In the near future I will be having a custom made for me, which will probably prompt me to only have three bikes, but we shall see.