View Single Post
Old 07-26-21, 03:04 PM
fredlord

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil_gretz
DO NOT wear underwear... Those are for walking around, not for riding.
Originally Posted by cxwrench
Why would you? The whole idea of the chamois/pad is to not wear underwear. Are you that insecure? And what do you mean by 'grand tour event'? There are only 3 of those and I doubt you're riding them.
When I first started riding and wearing bike shorts I wore undies because I didn't know better. Eventually I got the memo, tried the new method, and after a short period of adjustment, grew to prefer going commando for comfort and convenience.

There are at least three other cyclists on this thread who seem to prefer wearing undepants underneath their cycling shorts. If their groin looks like uncooked schnitzel as a result, would they not have reported it? If their multitudes of saddle-sores are on the brink of gangrene, why would they keep schtum?

And what has insecurity got to do with it? A person who wears cycling shorts in public has already made the decision to not stress about his/her junk being on display. How does an extra flimsy layer of undergarment change that scenario one way or the other?
Likes For fredlord: