msheron
I-M-D bell curve of bikn'

Bikes: 06' Jamis Eclipse in the making.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BB on 1999 Raleigh M30 mountainbike

I have a question for you mechs. here. The attached pictures are from my wife's Raleigh M30 mtn. bike. I was wondering as to the condition of the BB and decided since I had all these new bike tools I bought that I would look into matters

When I took off the drive side crank arm and the BB cup I found that the cup holder for the ball bearings was ripped and the bearings about to fall out. The only thing holding them in was the thick gooey grease.

Also the non drive side has a reatainer on it that I have no tool to take it off with as pictured. It has like a three notch retainer that beats the hell out of me what to use.

Main question..............what BB do I need to buy to just simply replace this old tattered thing?

Also, you can see the corrosion in the drive side. We had taken this bikes to Charleston a few years back and rode on the beach and only sprayed the bikes off when done. The rust is no bad at all but I will need to soak with red oil or WD-40 it to break what little is there up.

Thanks for any assistance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC00388 (2).JPG (47.6 KB, 7 views)
DSC00389 (2).JPG (34.4 KB, 7 views)
DSC00390 (2).JPG (84.2 KB, 8 views)
DSC00391 (3).JPG (95.6 KB, 9 views)