View Single Post
Old 08-02-21, 09:05 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4495 Post(s)
Liked 4,973 Times in 3,074 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
You may well be right and I’m certainly not claiming that I’m fast or that this was any sort of great ride. The only reason I brought it up was that I didn’t really need to fuel much for it. If we re-run it at an FTP of 220 or 3.4 W/kg, which I’m pretty sure is an overestimate, based on my unimpressive history, the intensity is 82%. The truth may be somewhere in between.
Just looking at your data again, the variability at 1.31 is very high. So might be skewing the NP value compared to a more steady state effort. I only see that kind of variability on very hilly steep climbing/descending rides. Or rides with lots of stops averaged in. Your average power of 138W looks more in line with your FTP. My ride had a variability index of 1.18 so my average power was much closer to my NP (176W average vs 208W NP). So that might explain your relatively high IF.

I take your point about fuelling. I'm sure I could go for that length of time without re-fuelling too if I had to. But I perform better and recover better if I fuel my rides.

Last edited by PeteHski; 08-02-21 at 09:15 AM.
Likes For PeteHski: