GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
My best Zwift race effort (which was almost 6 hours) was at IF 0.77
My best Zwift race effort at just under 2 hours is at IF 0.87

I can't find anything I've done recently on Zwift at 3 hours, but it's going to be less than 0.87

Outdoors I can't get anywhere near those figures unless you start filtering out zero power coasting. If it was pancake flat I could do it, but not on rolling terrain.

Of course 87% is not at threshold by definition.
I wasn't asking you. It is very clear from your training that you could not get those kind of figures. A high percentage of FTP efforts of long duration are also not going to happen with high NP or in your terminology, high IF. Supra FTF efforts over and over again or "burning matches" has a large effect on long rides and efforts will fall off quickly. You did 0.87 for 2 hours. Pretty close.

Definitely hard outside unless one is riding into a headwind or a long gradual upslope with no traffic.

The thrust of this thread to me is what are actual calories burned per hour (way over estimated by online packages) and what effort level maximizes fat burning on that day and also what allows one to continue to exercise consistently to lose a lot of weight. It is not HIIT.