View Single Post
Old 08-02-21, 07:17 PM
jvsabas

Bikes: Holdsworth Competition, Pogliaghi Road, Surly Cross Check, Sette Ace, SE Draft, Trek 970

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Love this thread! Just got back from a ride and my bike is still on car bike rack 'cuz I find the comments too captivating. As much as I love riding, lately it's been difficult to motivate, so I'm reading all the replies from people who find ways to get out and pedal despite their circumstances. I'm also appreciating the avid cyclist pushing 50+ miles distances regularly in their senior years. Today's ride was a short twenty miler with my nephew, he's 32 and fit, I'm 60 and not. He's the newbie to cycling and I struggled to keep it challenging for him. As much as I want to be fit right now, motivating self for a ride has been difficult. It's ironic that with the weather so much nicer than last year, I've managed less than a quarter of last year's distance. For the 60+ crowd posting their distances, whether short or far, you inspire me! After an 8 week hiatus, I'm struggling with 20 mile distances, but I'm not ready to wind back yet, I think I got some more mileage in me, plus I've already ponied up for two upcoming centuries. Many thanks to all who are sharing here, I'm feeling motivated.
Likes For jvsabas: