View Single Post
Old 08-06-21, 05:22 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 775 Post(s)
Liked 1,779 Times in 1,029 Posts
Originally Posted by fujidon
I bought this bike (Raleigh Team) in 2007. My first carbon fiber bike. About 16lbs and with full Ultegra. I haven't ridden it in a couple of years because the riding position is a little too aggressive for me now. I also have 2 other carbon fiber bikes, a Fuji Pro and a Specialized Roubaix so I don't really need this bike anymore.

But...

To me, this bike is a thing of beauty and I want to keep it just to admire it. Yeah, that's crazy talk, but aren't all serious cyclists a little crazy? On the other hand, I think I could get about $1,000.00 for it (not that I need the money) and someone else could get some of the same enjoyment from it that I used to get.

So, what would you do?
I've cleaned house on several bikes, boat load of parts, a smart trainer, 2 bike racks, and other stuff bike related. Been nice to clean house on stuff I was no longer using. In this time of parts shortages, ebay bids were higher than normal.