Old 08-08-21, 10:48 AM
gregf83 

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1186 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 177 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.Dangerous
Hey, I have built an ebike with a 60v compatible controller and a 60v compatible twist throttle which displays accurate live voltage. The battery is a 60v 20ah battery.

When fully charged the throttle displays 67 volts and It of course decreases as I keep going. I ride the bike for around 24 miles and then the display eventually goes down to exactly 50 volts and then in goes to a 49/48 shortly after and the motor shuts off and the voltages drop to 0 and the bike automatically shuts down. Is that normal? Is it supposed to die at 49 volts and require a recharge again? its been happening every time.

I am not sure if im getting the full experience im supposed to get with a 60v 20ah battery. Thanks for looking into this!
Depends entirely on how fast you're riding those 24 miles. Once the battery voltage gets close to 3V/cell the internal resistance goes up and the voltage will drop quickly if you continue to draw the same power. Voltage under load is not a very good indicator of the remaining capacity in the battery. If that's all you've got you'll need to experiment a little to determine when to slow down or recharge.
Likes For gregf83: