Old 08-09-21, 07:06 PM
molleraj

Bikes: 1993 (?) BikeE CT RoadE edition, 2007 (?) Dahon Speed D7, 2003 (?) Specialized Globe Sport, 1969 Schwinn Collegiate 5-speed, 1974 Panasonic Sport Deluxe, 1982 Peugeot P8

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 185 Times in 79 Posts
Originally Posted by 3speedslow
Your tires are large enough to play with the psi a bit. Trial and error as you go. Find the sweet spot which soaks up the rough spots but does not give you pinch flats. Are the tires in good shape?

I never would have guessed this was a huffy!
OK, good to know! The tires are in good shape. They say "IRC Tractor Grip" on the side. Also the tubes seem to hold air.

You never would have guessed because it's not, lol. It was made in Japan probably by Sekai for Huffy. It's definitely not your typical underwhelming Huffy. In fact, the Huffy Sportsman 3-speed was a rebadged Raleigh, IIRC.

I forgot to mention I don't clean rust with salt water per se. I dose aluminum in salt water and then rub the aluminum on the chrome. This causes a chemical reaction that solubilizes the rust at the expense of the aluminum and also creates a polishing solution from the rust (probably chromium or iron chloride?). I then wipe the film from the chrome with a paper towel.