Old 08-10-21, 11:28 AM
Artmo 

Bikes: '06 Bianchi Pista; '57 Maclean; '10 Scott CR1 Pro; 2005 Trek 2000 Tandem; '09 Comotion Macchiato Tandem; 199? Novara Road; '17 Circe Helios e-tandem:1994 Trek 2300

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 62 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
I had irregular heartbeat/a-fib symptoms in 2017. Doctors didn't help much except to refer me to a cardiologist which the insurance denied. After 2 doctors fighting for 6 months, they relented and approved a consult. By then the symptoms had disappeared.
Until last month. I went with the fastest group and went all out in the hills and really over did it. Weird heartbeat came back, along with discomfort and a feeling of dread.
Considering seeing doctors again,if it doesn't improve.
Now 80.5 yr old. Had afib for about 25 years, tried all the meds, 5 cardioversions and two ablations, all with temporary success.
had Reveal Linq monitor implanted in my chest and was monitored remotely by my cardiologist.
Got call one day saying my heart had paused for 10 sec with resting HR of 34, so I had better come in and have a pacemaker fitted to keep HR min at 60. Side benefit of this is hardly any afib since. I would recommend anyone with afib taking lo-dose aspirin since prolonged afib can result in a stroke.
Likes For Artmo: