Old 08-16-21, 09:40 AM
rosefarts
With a mighty wind

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1108 Post(s)
Liked 902 Times in 506 Posts
I once had an Acura CL.

Basically a sporty little Honda Accord 2 door. The plan was to use it to commute. It’s age and problems became more than I could bear so I decided to sell it.

It checked all sketchy boxes - Honda motor of a certain era, sporty, beat up and cheap. Holy cow did the weirdo’s come out of the woodwork.

I managed to filter the scammers out.

It was the real ones who showed up. Most looked less than a month out of prison. Never once did I see a forward facing hat. Facial tattoos. Always super interested, never had any money. Some wanted me to personally set them up with a payment plan (ie, give the car away since I’d never see them again). Others wanted me to drop the car off for them, in a sketchy area, very late. Usually I’d get endless nearly unreadable texts and emails with sob stories (sorry, a zippy Acura will not fix what’s wrong with your life).

This was all over a $1000 car. I was one more dirtbag away from just donating it to NPR when a young kid who already had a car and wanted something to tinker with finally bought it.

I’ve bought and sold a lot of bikes. Usually it’s an overwhelmingly positive experience. Any occasional flake I’ve experienced is nothing compared to what I went through with that stupid car.