View Single Post
Old 08-18-21, 08:42 AM
velojym

Bikes: Konas: Jake the Snake-Fire Mountain-Zing Supreme, Dew Deluxe,Zone Ltd. (frame, needs parts), Surly Long Haul Trucker, Santana Arriva tandem, Montagues: Paratrooper-Fit, Trek 1200, Bianchi Ocelot, Fantom Cross Uno, Bridgestone 200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 122 Posts
My last few words on the last post are hanging around in my head now. Portable Randonneur. Hmm...

I have a few miles on this bike, which has become my Summer trunk-monkey, taking the Paratrooper's spot in the back of my Hyundai while the weather is warm. Though I'm still on the fence about which size wheels I prefer, I guess it'd just depend on the intended ride. I currently have the 700c set back on now, 30rear/32front.
I don't know that it'd be the best for a really long brevet, but once I've got the fit dialed in, I shouldn't have any trouble with a 200k or even 300k ride. Maybe even longer, but I have no experience with ultra distance, beyond a few centuries I did back in the day. I think my biggest challenge will be water storage, but I have a 1.5L waist bag, one set of bottle cage braze-ons, and the 'feedbag' type shown on my stem here. ...also, the seat bag has a pocket that'll easily hold a smaller bottle.

Last edited by velojym; 08-18-21 at 08:45 AM.
Likes For velojym: