View Single Post
Old 08-19-21, 11:22 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10505 Post(s)
Liked 12,040 Times in 6,167 Posts
Originally Posted by ls01
I have a bunch of them in all $ ranges. They work really well , very satisfied with them
I seem to be the lone dissenting voice. I got the $60 bibs. Quality is good, at least as good as the $100 Louis Garneaus I've been buying since Time Immemorial. Fit is also good - BETTER than the LGs. However, the pad is too thick over the sitbones, so it actually seems to create pressure points there that I don't get with the thinner pad in the LGs. Worse than that, though, is the slickness of the outer fabric. They allow me to slide around on the saddle, and since my preferred saddle is a 'wave' type (lower in the middle than the ends, I end up sliding forward in to the trough, and have to keep pushing myself back to put my butt where it belongs on the saddle.

So, for me that was $60 wasted. I really need to give them a try on all my bikes, which now have a number of differently shaped saddles, and maybe I'll find one that works. If not, they'll hang unused in the closet.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: