View Single Post
Old 08-20-21, 08:28 AM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
Originally Posted by prj71
Cars made the shift to tubeless years ago. Wonder why?

Tubeless on a bike isn't trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. Well... Sort of...

Tubeless eliminates pinch flats, drops bike weight, gives you the ability to run lower pressure, better ride quality and unlike a tube if you puncture the tire it will seal right away allowing you to keep riding or at minimum you might have to stop and add a little air. In rare cases the puncture may be large enough that the sealant won't work or the leak will be slow enough allowing you to make it back home or to the car.

There really isn't a downside to tubeless.
What ever happened to not commenting on each others posts?

Nothing lamer than a stranger trying to convince someone they don't know they ought to change something "just because". I have no problem not being a follower so I do what works for me. Remaining tubed creates no problems. It's an overbuilt mtb so I don't care that much about the weight. I don't pinch flat and, when you do need to repair a tubeless you need the same stuff as tubed only it's messier so there is no gain.

Quit regurgitating advertising copy like a fanboy. Lot's of people have fallen off the tubeless bandwagon after the honeymoon phase. It's just another option. Tubeless has it's place if you ride terrain with lots of thorns. Not everybody is doing that. Also, nobody has a problem with tubeless...until they do. Then it's quite a problem, as the two gents in my example found out. Right up until that moment they would have said tubeless was "perfect"! If ones frequency of problems is similar running tubed, the correction is a lot less of a hassle. That is my current experience so I'll stick with it.

How about you just do you and stop trying to do others. It's fine to say you like something without the need to put down what someone else likes. In every thread where we clash it's the same story. You feel the need to criticize someones choice because its not yours: Older bikes, 26", rigid, tubes... No one says your preferences are wrong so why not extend the same courtesy.

Last edited by Happy Feet; 08-20-21 at 08:59 AM.