Old 08-23-21, 06:24 AM
Jax Rhapsody
Rhapsodic Laviathan

Bikes: Rideable; 83 Schwinn High Sierra. Two cruiser, bmx bike, one other mtb, three road frames, one citybike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 91 Posts
Originally Posted by Jax Rhapsody
Umm.... almost...

Also I think this is the first ever drive side pic I've ever taken.
It's an... wanna say 85 Nishiki Olympic. The back wheel is a Vuelta Pista, that last week I discovered had aerospokes, 17t cog, front wheel is a State Bike Co wheel from the co-op.

I saw this bike about a week before this quoted post, some guy was riding it on it's original back wheel, sans tire&tube, and a 26" on the front, from some hybrid, I'd guess. My granny was bringing me some stuff and said there was a bike on this side street, checked it out, and dude musta got tired of no brakes and rim riding.

I just picked up a Race Face 48t chainring from the co-op, I thought I was going to be okay with a ⅛chain on the original suigino vp crank, until I test fitted, deciding I can't live with that much side to side slack. Nothing matches, but I don't care. The frame is getting sticker bombed, it's got a gun metal Sora front brake, a Tiagra rear brake that looks mint green, I bought grey pedals for it, the chainring is black... so are the wheels... brake levers. I found the brake cable housing from my Prelude, that's clear. No clue what bar tape, and color rear housing I'm gonna use. Thinking about just using an old innertube for bartape. Feels nice to let loose and not care about fit&finish, matching this and that. Reminds me of my start, when I'd cobble stuff together.