View Single Post
Old 08-24-21, 02:54 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by 63rickert
400 watts? Record would have been reset many many times. By most anyone.

Widely reported at the time to be Reynolds. The lightweight set that had been around for already a long time then. Reported as everything since then. Pino Morroni told me what the frame was and I will believe him.

No one here seems to have the faintest idea what is involved in riding a bike on a track.

Boardman record was controversial to say to say the least. I honestly did not know about the other ride. And thanked the man who told me.
It was at altitude. Some have estimated the power to have been 365 watts. In any case, your 750-800 watts is crazy wrong. It was not Reynolds tubing and the record has been broken a number of times. Name me a single rider who has ever had an FTP over 750 watts. 500 watts is extraordinarily rare, it takes a big man with huge VO2 max and high lactate threshold. More importantly......

Your example is completely not relevant anyway. During a steady state effort at high cadence as you can see from the video of attempt in Mexico, the actual force on the pedals is quite low. There is even some slow motion video of him.
Likes For GhostRider62: