View Single Post
Old 08-25-21, 12:43 PM
Pulse_

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat
BTW, regarding POC helmets, be sure to try them on in person, or buy online from a seller with return/exchange rights. Owners differ on sizing, including between models. My head is 59cm, on the margin between medium and large, depending on the helmet maker's sizing system.

The Bell Formula MIPS in medium is labeled 55-59 and fits me perfectly.

I bought the POC Omne Air SPIN in large, based on comments from other POC owners that their size medium Octal and Ventral were too small. But in my case the Omne was slightly too large, although it fits fine with knit caps for winter use. In this case I should have bought the Omne in medium. The large is labeled 56-61cm. It's also heavier than the medium, and the POC Omne is already a fairly heavy helmet.

But I bought the Catlike Mixino marked medium, and it's way too small. It's even sized in what would be small with other makers, 55-57, with zero wiggle room for anything larger than 57.
It's exactly what I did. I ordered the same helmet in 2 different sizes and colors. In theory I should have went with the L. In reality, the M fits me (much) better. So yes, helmets need to be tried for sure. I had the same approach with my road bike actually: I bought it in 2 sizes and sent the biggest one back.

As you can see I chose to go with the POC Octal MIPS. I'll keep the white version in size M. It's 100g lighter (230g) than my previous helmet which you can see on the picture aswell (Van Rysel from Decathlon). The difference while riding is massive. First, the aeration. It's on another level. Before I had sweat drops on my forehead. Not anymore. I feel the wind in my hairs now, which is awesome too. The fit is perfect for me (oval shaped head). I had neck pain also and it's not the case anymore. A 100g difference doesn't sound like much but trust me, it makes a huge difference in comfort. This helmet really is well made too, the assembly is top notch. And to top it off it was on sale . I know many people don't like it's design but I like it a lot, it's distinctive. So for now I'm super pleased! I just need to send the others back now

Last edited by Pulse_; 08-25-21 at 12:50 PM.
Likes For Pulse_: