View Single Post
Old 09-03-21, 01:10 PM
geepondy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Yeah I posted quite a bit about it in another thread. I'm 5'10" and I tried a 56 cm Roubaix and a 54 cm Roubaix Sport. The 54 put me in a more upright postion which I liked and not that much more aggressive stance meaning the seat adjustment was not that much more higher than the handlebars for the 54 over the 56. I definitely like being more upright. But everyone I talk with seems to think at my height I should go with a 56 cm. I spoke with a professional bike fitter at a different shop and he says no way he would fit me on a 54. But as he mentioned there also is a lot of variances between the different bikes.

If choosing the 56cm Roubaix I'm saving $600 but giving up better wheels and going down to Tiagra vs 105.

Originally Posted by blacknbluebikes
Yes, but those are relatively minor adjustments. If the 54 v 56 is the question, you need to go sit on some bikes. To illustrate, I have a 56cm Roubaix. I would not really be happy with a 54, regardless of what is done with stem or seat adjustments. Might work to get me from A to B, but it wouldn't be nearly as good as the fit with the 56 frame.

Last edited by geepondy; 09-03-21 at 01:14 PM.