Old 09-04-21, 01:53 AM
Schlafen

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 63 Posts
Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel
As a minor update, I went back to the lightweight aluminum bars I had picked up for cheap. Why those bars? 42cm CTC width vs the carbon bars' 40cm CTC width. 2cm, eh? Yeah. BIG difference. All the low to medium speed turning/cornering issues, where it felt like my input at the bars was very much fighting the tires (hardcore scrubbing and wheel flop) in addition to any out-of-the-saddle work having my upper body (at the handlebars) and my lower body (legs/feet pushing on the pedals) out of sync. Muscles memory all out of sorts or at least "dealing with things" at best. After a few months, popping the 42s back on the 620 was a complete return to normal! Bikes are an ecosystem, everyone. Every day I learn more (aka it smacks me in the face) and I appreciate it!

Speaking of appreciation, and I knew it'd happen: Returning to aluminum means I lose that sweet, sweet road buzz absorption of carbon bars (through the hands). Sooooooo, if anyone want's to trade 40cm Zipps for 42s, and are local, I'm all ears!
What about carbon stem with alloy bars?