View Single Post
Old 09-05-21, 11:44 AM
tiger1964 

Bikes: Drysdale/Gitane/Zeus/Masi/Falcon/Palo Alto/Raleigh/Legnano

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 988 Post(s)
Liked 656 Times in 414 Posts
Finally got a shakedown ride today. I am very pleased with the results. I think the top tube is a wee bit long for my build, long legs but short arms/torso; I don't think I'll find a much shorter stem that what I have, but might be able to slide the seat forward a bit. Right now, with my elbow touching the nose of the saddle, my fingertip comes about 2 inches short of the handlebar centerline, which was always my go-to measurement.

I don't notice the brinnelling in the headset while riding, so I'll take my time finding a replacement short-stack headset that doesn't double the build cost of the bike. I must not have tightened the screws for the bottle cage straps enough, they were coming loose when I stopped mid-ride. And the antique bottle you see, an eBay purchase NOS still in the bag, leaks around the cap -- so it will become a display-only item.The frame geometry is such that I don't have concerns about riding with one hand off the bars, not easily said about my Masi and my Palo Alto; I have not tried riding hands-off yet.

Sadly, as you might see in another topic I started, I got a flat and could not get the tire off, so had to walk four miles home. Other than that, aa nice ride!