Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6352 Post(s)
Liked 4,955 Times in 3,413 Posts
Originally Posted by cxwrench
What you're saying is that a following vehicle would never be able to pass one that is slowing down. We'd have gridlock in a matter of minutes if that was the case.
No, I'm not saying that. You are supposing from some weird extrapolation of my statement.

I'm saying the person behind is responsible for most accidents that happen when overtaking another.

If you don't believe me, the go out and hit someone from behind that is turning. The policemen, insurance company and courts will quickly tell you you are responsible.

If you choose not to drive or cycle anywhere because that is too much risk for you, then that is your issue. I'll accept the risk.

In the OP's situation, I will have alerted the person that I was behind them before I had no room to stop. And before that point, if I had seen them behaving strangely, I will have slowed down quite a bit.

Do they hear me every time? Do I forget sometimes? Will it help in every situation? I don't know. But so far so good. Most of the walkers on the trail thank me for alerting them. The noobs jump out of their skin because it startles them. So I just chuckle.
Likes For Iride01: