View Single Post
Old 09-09-21, 07:05 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4429 Post(s)
Liked 4,073 Times in 2,716 Posts
It is more possible with a flat bar single speed/fixed gear set up.

Tires? Not that I know of unless some ancient tires
Spokes? Phil Wood, Wheelsmith and DT Swiss make in the U.S. (but not all DT Swiss)
Drop bars? Same as tires but some excellent options in flat bars or custom bars. Thomson makes their seat posts and stems in the U.S. everything else overseas.
Bar tape? Newbaums and ESI but potentially Wolf Tooth Components as well.
Cassette? Not currently but SRP was MUSA
Derailers front and rear? Maybe the new stuff from Rene Herse? But probably not Paul vintage stuff is an option but expensive and old.
Shifters and Levers? Or Brifters? (I know this is way out there, but have to ask) No shifters I know of but Paul makes some great brake levers for flat bars or they do have cross levers for drops.
Cables+Housing? Powercordz
Pedals? Yoshimura

What I would do is get tires from Germany (Continental) and use Orange Seal tubeless sealant and a chain from Germany or Japan (Connex or Izumi) and that would get me most of the way on a single speed/fixed gear. Though honestly I care more about component quality than just being made in the U.S. There are plenty of U.S. makers that make great stuff I like but not everything.