Old 09-12-21, 08:02 PM
Cyclist0105
Banned.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
Am I mistaken, or have you positioned an adjustable stem so as to place your drop bars behind the steerer.
it looks like this in your photos.

Today the centerline of the handlebars is 2.5-inches behind the steering tube centerline. Tomorrow it might be only only 1-inch. The triple heart bypass, the titanium plate and 9-rods in the right knee, the titanium rod in the left leg, the three fractures in my right leg, the fracture in my right shoulder, and the fractures in my left shin bones and the carpal tunnel issues in both hands also dictate my adjustment to the "cockpit".

Other than that, I am ALL ABOUT STRONGER-LEANER-FASTER!

Yep, the bike is a 54cm and what I actually need according to the bike fitting gurus is a 49-51 cm bike, so I reconfigured the "cockpit" to accommodate my comfort zone. I just love the bike, the ride quality and the air pressure in the tires (100 psi rear and 95-psi in the front (without the racks) for very slow meanderings out and about. We are talking 5-10mph, and downhill the brakes are applied to keep speed down to 8-mph. So, I am not about speed, I am about how the bike springs and rebounds on each pave gravel road I encounter.

Sometimes my 4th lower lumbar discectomy scar tissue pinches a nerve, and so I raise the handlebars and pivot them for a "sit-up-and-beg" position, and go to the lowest of gears to work out the pinched nerve by slow pedaling. This bike is a health preservation machine, not a go fast to get there machine, not a I can carry a ginormous load machine, nor an ultralight bike packer's dream machine.

It is the machine which I have become comfortable using for the past 2-decades machine, much like a marriage. No interest in changing partners at this late stage of the game.

The handle bar height changes from week to week to accommodate this ole bodies proclivities.

Last edited by Cyclist0105; 09-12-21 at 08:12 PM.